Oh, how time flies! - looking back at our anniversary trip
In 2009 we started offering cycling holidays in Turkey. In a previous life I learnt that if you do many small things well you will naturally come to the surface and customers will start to appreciate your working method.
This has led to many returning familiar faces. Which is awesome ... but returning customers also brought us a (luxury) problem: the need to offer new destinations!
We made sure to offer new destinations that were not the obvious choice. Northern Macedonia and Northern Greece fit right into our travel order.
Two years ago we added Ibiza as a new destination, for early spring and late autumn. Who would think of Ibiza as a cycling destination? We did!
This year our cooperation with our colleagues from Cyklo Travel has led to a new and surprising cycling holiday through Andalusia: from Ronda to Sevilla.
2019 marks Eye4Cycling's 10th anniversary. Who would have thought that i would build such a beautiful company, together with my colleagues!
We celebrated this joyous occasion from May 1st until May 15th with a real anniversary trip. The trip was put together in a way that participants would cycle the first leg in Turkey and then continue their cycling holiday on the Greek island of Rhodes (12-day variant). Or they could choose to do a 15-day cycling holiday: a combination of cycling across the Bozburun peninsula and the 8-day Trans Lycia holiday.
We visited the most beautiful spots and sights. We enjoyed:
- Cycling past flowering orchards;
- Iztuzu beach with the turtle hospital;
- Lake Koycegiz, farming villages and everyone who says hello to you;
- Akyaka in the bay of Gokova;
- Cycling from one meal to the next. Delicious sea fish on the beach of Akyaka, Turkish mezzes and stuffed eggplant at Musa in Hisoronu;
- Being a guest with a Turkish family in Bozburun;
- A day of rest in Marmaris;
- A bike ride through the rugged interior of the Bozburun Peninsula;
- Lunch in authentic Bayir with Turkish pancakes under the 2000 year old plane tree;
- And don't forget: ideal weather conditions.
Cycling along the shore line, orchards with the sweet smell of blossom, Turkish ‘ high tea’ with freshly baked bread, olives and lovely homemade jam. A a bubbling stream in the background. Fethiye feels like a warm bath and never bores.
Life can be so good on the bicycle in a part of the world that is so beautiful and hospitable! I (Raymond) certainly enjoyed it intensely.